Call for papers for Volume 4 of IJNE
6th July 2017
On behalf of the International Journal of Nurture in Education, the editorial committee is issuing a call for research-led papers relating to nurture and the wider application of nurturing principles in education.
The committee welcomes papers exploring themes related to the effectiveness of nurture groups, nurture in education, whole-school approaches to nurture and related subjects. The intention of the journal is to present the most up-to-date research of how nurture principles and practice improve the socio-emotional functioning and academic achievements of children and young people.
Topics of particular interest include (but are not limited to):
- Longitudinal studies investigating changes in social emotional behavioural difficulties following nurture provision
- Views of nurture children and/or parents
- Application of nurture in secondary schools
- Application of nurture principles applied to the whole school
- Role of the senior leadership to promote and support nurture in school
- Data on Boxall Profile and other tools measuring social emotional behavioural difficulties (eg. SDQ, BIOS)
Manuscripts should be in the form of either:
- A research paper, where an empirical study has been designed and data collected to answer a specific research question. This type of manuscript should include the following sections: introduction, methods, results, discussion, recommendations (if appropriate) and conclusion. Please note that all authors working with research participants should follow the BERA code of ethics (please see here for more information).
- A literature review, describing the literature on nurture and related topics with the aim to assess the studies available and summarise the current state of research.
- A theoretical perspective, highlighting how a new theoretical approach or model could advance nurture practice or nurture research.
Manuscripts should be no longer than 6,000 words (including an abstract of less than 200 words and excluding references) and authors should follow the writing guidelines outlined here.
Authors should submit their manuscripts for peer review before midday 15 October 2017.
For any queries or to submit your manuscript, please contact Dr Florence Ruby via email at email@example.com.